Come and experience the King of Games for yourself, at Ireland’s premier Polo Facilities. Polo, sometimes called ‘Hurling on horseback’, is the most exciting and addictive sport you will ever try and we encourage everyone to at least try it once. You become at one with the horse right from the start, you’ll be shocked at how responsive and quite these horses are. The best thing about polo is that it only takes up an hour of your day, no hanging about all day for 10 minutes on the horse.
There are basically only three tasks in Polo:
- Hit the ball into the opponent goal.
- Ride your opponent off the line with your horse.
- Strike the opponents Polo stick to prevent him hitting the ball.
Different types of lessons available
- Single Group lesson €50
- Pack of 5 group lessons €225pp (10% discount)
- 1 Private lesson €90pp
- Pack of 5 private lessons €405pp (10% discount)
- Private Group lesson €70pp
- Private Group lesson Bundle €315 (10% discount)
- Group of 4 people €340
- Extra persons €80pp
What do I need?
All you need is normal riding hat and boots and we provide everything else. Polo Wicklow have highly trained schoolmaster polo ponies that are safe and know what their doing.
Do I need to be able to ride?
If you have previous riding experience it does make it easier but it’s not essential.
How many lessons should I have before I get to play in a game?
Each person is different but in general we would suggest 3-5 lessons before taking part in beginners chukkas.